Wednesday, September 16, 2009

That's What You Get For Jumping On The Bed!

That is what the Doctor said. Poor Monkey. Fell down and broke his head.

Not me: The Monkey.

My head is okay, it is my arm and shoulder that cause me pain.

Back in August of Two-thousand Seven I had the opportunity to go through TASER training while working for security at my current place of employment. And because I have the worst luck when it comes to training related accidents, I not only got the joy of 50,000 volts through my body, I also received a commuted fracture of the ball of my left humerus. Ouch.

It has been two years and I am still dealing with pain from the damage. In the last six months I have been seeing a doctor about more treatment for decreasing the pain and improving the health of the arm. Slow Slow Slow.

I had another MRI done last week and was able to plot yet another step in my journey to recovery: may have to have surgery and I may not. Time will tell.

I tell you all of this, not to evoke sympathy but to remind myself that there is not one thing that we go through in life as Christians that is not Father filtered. Not. One. Thing.

Praise God! He is working in me His will and I will be the better for it, just ask the Apostle Paul:

Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:7-10, New King James Version)



Audio of the day: Dr. Chuck Missler and part Seventeen of Twenty-two in his study of the Book of John.

Study #17 - John Chapter Seventeen (14.94MB MP3)

This collection of audio is from the 1990's and is not the most recent series of studies in this book. You can find the most recent recordings for sale at Doctor Missler's website Koinonia House. The audio that I am offering can be found at Firefighters For Christ free of charge.

No comments: