Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Lives: Relatives and Absolutes

I absolutely forgot to post yesterday because I was trying to keep up with the lives of my relatives.

This past Monday, my mother went into the hospital because of chest pains: she had all kinds of tests and procedures done and it was determined that it was stress and not her heart; she has a very large heart that is full of Jesus. Prayers were said and Faith was exercised and the Lord is glorified. My mother quit smoking Thirty-two years ago and she has a very good heart for a woman of (Insert mothers age here and she will hurt you). I was concerned for her, but not worried about the outcome; since it was determined that her heart is healthy then it must be stress. My mother flits about between Oklahoma City and Branson, Missouri overseeing the operations of two radio stations that are part of the Oasis Radio Network and her monthly schedule would take a toll on someone half her age. She is very good at what she does and her work ethic is one that has made her well favored by her 'Corporate Masters'. This past Monday may have been a sign that she is moving just a little too fast and maybe she needs to slow down, but knowing her like I do, she will stay in bed for a couple of days and let Dad cater to her and then she will be right back at work on Monday looking for a higher gear to shift into to make up for being off for a week. Mother is just that way.

But wait there's more: I said relatives. As in more than one:

My Grandmother and my aunts made the trip to Oklahoma City on Tuesday to see my Mother while she was in the hospital and to see first-hand that Mother was doing better and on the mend. You are going to love this:

My eldest Aunt, Sharron, while in the room with my mother slipped on a water spill and broke her hip. Yep, that's what I said: she broke her hip while visiting my mother in the hospital. The hospital did a report and my aunt was treated in the ER downstairs and then moved to a room to await the outcome; she is going to have her hip replaced courtesy of the hospital. That sure is nice of them.

And as an added bonus: my brother, David was hit in the head by an automatic door that was activated by a nurse that he and my father were talking to about my mother. He said that both he and my father were looking straight at her when they were talking and that she hit the button and said. "Come on.", and that when he turned to go he ran into the door with his head. David is okay but he said that for a little while he had bad thoughts about the nurse and the door.

My wife and I are very pleased with my mother's prognosis but we are even more pleased that we did not make the trip up there too: there is no telling what would have happened to us had we entered the building.

And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!” (Luke 5:26, New King James Version)



Audio of the day: Dr. Chuck Missler and part Fourteen of Twenty-two in his study of the Book of John.

Study #14 - John Chapter Fourteen (20.97MB MP3)

This collection of audio is from the 1990's and is not the most recent series of studies in this book. You can find the most recent recordings for sale at Doctor Missler's website Koinonia House. The audio that I am offering can be found at Firefighters For Christ free of charge.

No comments: