Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Corporate Masters

I don't know when I first heard the phrase 'My Corporate Masters' but it is one that I thought was witty and I have tried to use it to the greatest comedic effect any time I have found the situation appropriate - or not. Said in a deep voice with dramatic inflection, it is just funny. The thing is, it a statement that is biblically accurate. If you are in Christ then you are expected to work your daily job as if you worked as a direct-report to the Lord Jesus Himself:

Ephesians 6:5-9 (New International Version)
Slaves and Masters
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.
And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

I try to keep this in mind as I go about my work but it does not always reach my Heart to be turned into action. I do try.

Part Two on Monday 08-17-2009

If you find that you have leisure time on your hands over the week-end then I suggest you head on over to the blog of my friend The Local Malcontent and be informed and entertained.



Audio of the day: Dr. Chuck Missler and part Three of Seven in his study of the Book of Ephesians.

Faith, Salvation, Works & Rewards Eph 1:15-23;Eph 2:1-10 (19.06MB MP3)

This collection of audio is from the 1990's and is not the most recent series of studies in this book. You can find the most recent recordings for sale at Dr. Missler's website Khouse.org. The audio that I am offering can be found at Firefighters For Christ free of charge.

No comments: