Monday, August 17, 2009

Perfomance Evaluation: Eternity

This past Thursday I rote about our corporate masters and how we are expected to server them just as we serve Christ.

Go read it. I'll wait for you to finish.

This is part two of that post.

I consider my work performance evaluations to be important because they are used to judge my acceptability for job advancement in the company and for wage increases and other rewards for good work habits.

There is a performance evaluation coming soon that has a deeper impact on my future. My place and service in Eternity.

Just as I have to sit with my Department Manager and go over the different areas of my job responsibilities and my overall performance of my job, I will one day (hopefully soon) have to stand before Jesus Christ at the Bema Seat and give an account for things that I have done on earth inside and outside the body of Christ and what I have done with my salvation and the mercy and grace that has been shown to me by God.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10
9 Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be apleasing to Him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Romans 14:8-12
8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore awhether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be bLord both of the dead and of the living.
10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you aregard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11 For it is written, “aAs I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall 1give praise to God.”
12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.


I will not stand before Jesus to give an account of my sin, it has been dealt with on the Cross. I will stand before Him to receive rewards, or not, for my service to Him, and to determine my place in His Kingdom. What I do today is going to determine what my place is then.

It is not enough to sit idly by and take no action and to not be actively participating in what the Lord would have me doing just because I am saved and do not have to fear the judgment of a righteous and holy God. I have gifts and talents that He as given to me to strengthen and serve the body and to further the gospel of Christ in a dark and evil world.

As I write this I am speaking more to myself than an imaginary reader on the internet about what is coming and what is required of me and to the seriousness of it; I do not want my eternal job to be stable boy and I, more importantly want my Lord to pleased with me because of my faithfulness to Him.

I will be the most joyful of stable boys in His kingdom but the Lord has so much more for me that it can not be described. It is all mine only if I lay down my life and put aside my flesh to become an over comer and a GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT OF THE MOST HIGH GOD.

1 Corinthians 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.



Audio of the day: Dr. Chuck Missler and part Five of Seven in his study of the Book of Ephesians.

The Breath, Length, Depth, & Height Eph Ch. 3:13 - Ch. 4:30 (20.65MB MP3)

This collection of audio is from the 1990's and is not the most recent series of studies in this book. You can find the most recent recordings for sale at Dr. Missler's website Khouse.org. The audio that I am offering can be found at Firefighters For Christ free of charge.


No comments: